I’ve played hours upon hours of Fortnite, and slowly I’ve become an upper echelon player. That didn’t come easy, but I used a few strategies to help me get to where I am today. Luckily for you all, I’ve decided to share my secrets to help bad players get better.
1. Land on Loot Lake. You might not get good stuff, but dammit you’ve got you’re castle, moat and all. By holding down Loot Lake you’re daring dumb motherf*ckers to try you.
2. Fire warning shots. The goal of Fortnite is to be the last one standing, and any experienced player knows that won’t happen if you get shot and die. Watch as opposing players run away for dear life into the storm as you scare them off. They won’t dare shoot back.
3. Go into Tilted Towers guns blazing. Similar to strategy number 2, opposing players will be afraid of someone who has the balls to go into the most dangerous area of the map like they’re plowing down the Viet Cong back in ‘Nam.
4. Learn to love the bush. Whether you get the bush disguise or you find a fixed bush, use it to take out unsuspecting players as they stroll by you.
5. Stand your ground. In other words, don’t build up to avoid incoming gunfire. Your focus should be on collecting as many kills as possible, not on building a structure that will surely get shot down.
6. Don’t be afraid to cut your losses. Let’s be real, it’s a game and games are unfair. If you get a chest with a gray pistol and some bandages, accept the fact that you’ve been wronged and do your best to sabatoge the game. I’m talking destroying crates and wasting resources to f*ck over other players. Then jump off the map to your heroic death.
7. Don’t be a team player. In duo or squad, never help fallen or weakened teammates. They’re dead weight at that point. Always make excuses as to why you can’t save them, but go back for their loot once their eliminated.